Friday, September 28, 2007

Obvious Post

So, i suppose i'll write the obligatory 'why am i starting a blog?' post. i think there are a few reasons for it.

1) i started a blog for Gavin after he was born and discovered that i actually like writing posts for it. i didn't think i would, because i've never been all that fond of writing, but i like it because it forces me to think about what i'm doing and how it affects me. i find it very easy to glide through my week without really reflecting on it or remembering the important parts (good or bad). So, even though i'm writing posts for a blog already, i don't want to pollute it with too much that isn't about Gavin, because that's not the reason for the blog. Instead, i decided to unburden myself on a separate blog. So be warned, there will be lots of nerdity, because that's who i am.

2) i would like to improve my writing skills. It is something that i haven't practiced much, but i do think it is an important skill. Maybe i'll actually improve.

3) i'm an attention hog, and i get my self-worth from things like the number of comments on my blog and readers i have. So, i'm putting it all out there - it's your responsibility to make sure i feel good about myself. Whew, glad to get that responsibility off-loaded.

And if you think that i can't tell how many people visit or subscribe, you don't know me very well. i've set up the blog RSS feed to go through FeedBurner and i have Google Analytics set up on my website. It was fun to set up, and it will be fun to check on my (dismal) stats (especially since i did it on Gavin's site as well and i know he's more interesting than i am). Did i mention that i'm a nerd?

3 unique comments:

michelle said...

Here's a comment so you know you're special. :) xoxoxo

rae ann said...

hi, nerd!
::waving::

Adam said...

Attention hog? really? This is the same college roommate whom I had to force to go meet people, yes?